This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ibnexfc 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ibnexfc
    Participant

Clean up winsxs manually turning a breech >> DOWNLOAD

Clean up winsxs manually turning a breech >> READ ONLINE

That’ll be the winsxs (Windows side-by-side) folder. It’s used to store updates, as davidr4 said, but it also holds all the installation files used to add roles & features, so that whenever you add a role you don’t need to put the installation media in, it just pulls the files from winsxs.
    WinSxS folder, called the Windows Component Store, is used during Windows Update, Service Packs, and hotfix installations. You can run Disk Cleanup system tool to clean it that up. But I found using the command line DISM is more efficient and has more choices.
    How to use clean up the WinSxS directory on SBS 2011 and 2008 R2 using the Disk Cleanup Wizard. The WinSxS folder can often be numerous Gigabytes in size because it contains a copy of all the Windows Updates applied to the computer, effectively a complete copy if Windows so that you
    HelpHow Do I Clean Out WinSXS? (self.Windows10). submitted 2 years ago by throwawayacc1252017. So I already tried task scheduler and disk cleanup, but I still have 13 gbs worth of data in that file and task scheduler only deleted 500mbs worth.
    Discus and support Dism not cleaning up WinSxS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello My WinSxS folder is currently ~6GB The “problem” is that Dism doesn’t actually clean up WinSxS, but says it did: when I start the command (in admin mode on cmd), the following happens
    The Windows Update Cleanup option is available only when the Disk Cleanup wizard detects Windows updates that you do not need on the computer. To let you roll back to previous updates, updates are stored in the WinSxS store even after they are superseded by later updates. Therefore, after you run
    The WinSxS folder eats up a lot of disk space on Windows computers (both clients and servers). If you go to your WinSxS folder located in C:Windows and look at the properties of the folder, you will notice that the size is in several gigabytes. Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It only takes a minute to sign up. I’ve tried the cmd command and Windows cleaner with elevated privileges, but neither has cleaned the WinSxS folder.
    With the WinSxS approach, the WinSxS folder contains the only complete copy of Windows. The components in the folder get used when needed. The old components aren’t removed from the WinSxS folder because they become the next “best version of a component” if a component gets

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here