This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  naninana847 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

naninana847
    Participant

FULL %Download “/As I Lay Dying Shaped by Fire” Album Songs + ZIP ALBUM Last year, As I Lay Dying surprised fans by revealing that they were reuniting with embattled singer Tim Lambesis. The metalcore veterans have been touring ever since, but are now taking the next step in their comeback by releasing a new album, Shaped by Fire, this fall.

Tracks List:

1. Burn To Emerge
    2. Blinded
    3. Shaped By Fire
    4. Undertow
    5. Torn Between
    6. Gatekeeper
    7. The Wreckage
    8. My Own Grave
    9. Take What’s Left
    10. Redefined
    11. Only After We’ve Fallen
    12. The Toll It Takes

Breakdowns are present, predictable, solid, and punchy; nothing new, but no complaints. Notably different was the Lamb of God­ groove arrangements on Gatekeeper which lead straight into a thrash-death riff which is easily the heaviest on the record taking us into a maniacal guitar solo. Unfortunately, interesting overdubs are few and far between, yet when heard become instant earworms, as illustrated on Only After We Have Fallen and The Wreckage (which also features the only ambient intro on the record). There is a lack of solos on Shaped By Fire which will be a sore point as they have been a highlight on previous albums, especially after the tasty tease on Gatekeeper!

“For me, this is the most meaningful AS I LAY DYING record,” states Nick. “Every album encapsulates who you are and what you’ve gone through. At this point in time, we’ve gone through more than I ever imagined, but we all grew. I’m so proud of my bandmates and what we’ve done. We became better musicians and better people. People will hear a positive resolve to our journey so far.”

Last month, it was announced that the group’s headline tour would be called the “Shaped by Fire” trek, which first lent credence to the album title when it was leaked in a premature pre-order page that was subsequently deleted. After the Burial and Emmure will join the band on their late 2019 dates that kick off Nov. 15 in Las Vegas.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here